Winter Kale, Red Cabbage & Pomegranate Winter Salad
- Half a bag of kale
- Half a red cabbage
- 1 whole pomegranate
- Handful of sunflower seeds, cashews & almonds
- 1 apple
For the dressing...
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
- Glug of port
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- Half a lemon
1. Start by adding your kale to a food processor to refine it slightly, a quick little whizz will do! Once done add to a bowl.
2. Add the cashews/almonds to the food processor and whizz. Next add red cabbage. Once refined add to the kale.
3. Scoop out your pomegranate seeds and add to the salad, use the juice of the pomegranate too as it adds a lovely sweetness!
4. Toss in some finely sliced apples, along with a handful of sunflower seeds!
5. For the dressing...In a glass/jug add the olive oil, lemon, port, balsamic, S&P and mix together. Taste and add any extra if needed!
6. Pour over your salad and enjoy!
This will serve 4!