The pros definitely out way the cons when following a keto plan and the benefits when done correctly can be huge. Once followed with some consistency benefits can include; weight loss, mental clarity, clearer skin, less brain fog, deeper sleep and a raise in energy levels. It can help to reduce inflammation and reset insulin levels (An important one for many that may have succumbed to the low fat/0% propaganda over the years). There are concerns that the quantity of fat needed for keto could potentially cause more harm than good but this is where the focus really needs to be on the quality. With approximately a 70-80% fat intake per day it’s crucial that we understand the difference between the good and bad which I will go into in my next post.
One of the reasons why I love the keto principles is its fat loving hormone benefits, we all need fat to function (our brain is made predominately of fat) but for Women in particular fat is very much our friend. Fat + Women= Balanced hormones, smooth clear skin, shiny hair, strong nails, a sustained appetite, clarity, focus and lots of energy.
- Weight/fat loss
- Decreased inflammation due to a large intake of healthy anti-inflammatory fats
- A decrease in appetite due to the slowing of digestion by dietary fat and the appetite-suppressing effects of protein.
- Improved blood markers such as HDL/LDL, triglyceride, and glucose.
- Reduction in blood pressure.
- Improved symptoms for sufferers of type II diabetes, epilepsy, Alzheimer’s Disease, and Parkinson’s Disease
- Insulin management
- Immune supporting