Spring chicken pesto stew
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 500g of boneless, skinless organic chicken thigh
- 750ml of vegetable stock
- 350g of broccoli cut into small florets
- 350g of spinch
- 200g of garden peas
- A bunch of spring onion
- 30g of fresh parsley
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup of cashews
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy pan. Add the onion, gently fry for 5 mins until softened, add the chicken, then fry until lightly coloured. Add stock and plenty of freshly ground black pepper, then bring to the boil. Cover & simmer until chicken is cooked.
- In the meantime make the pesto. In a blender or food processor add the parsley, juice of 1 lemon, cashews, salt, pepper, and a good glug of olive oil.
- Add the broccoli, spinach, peas and spring onions, stir well, then return to the boil. Cover, then cook for 5 mins more, stir in the pesto.