Makes around 10-15 rosti cakes. This is the basic recipe but you could add a bit of grated onion, garlic, ginger, cumin, chilli or whatever flavours you like to tailor it to your taste, they are very versatile.
- 700g of grated sweet potato, if organic you don't need to peel, if not then do.
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup of wholegrain flour
- 2 tbsps of coconut oil melted
- More coconut oil or olive oil to fry them in.
- Pepper and Himalayan crystal salt
Beat the egg, grate the potato, and mix together with the flour and melted coconut oil, salt and pepper. (if you are adding a bit of extra something then you should add to the mixture here)
By hand make them into patties of which ever size suits your meal, I like smaller ones, but it is up to you.
Fry in a little coconut or olive oil until they are golden on each side.