Posted at 15:14h
in Life Tips
- Start each day with a warm water and lemon… this gets the system going and the digestive juices flowing!
- Increase all vegetables and try to include beetroot, globe artichokes, kale, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, green leafy vegetables, asparagus they are very good at helping your liver. Sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, alfalfa sprouts and watercress are also good and very high in antioxidants. The more you eat raw the better!
- Eat a rainbow of fruit and veg every day… A wide range gives you a wide range of phytonutrients! Include good proteins, include turkey, chicken, fish, tofu, tempeh, miso, seeds, beans, legumes and pulses (add turmeric to these if they cause bloating or gas. As I said it is also a good antiviral) .
- Include complex carbohydrates, such as quinoa, brown rice, buckwheat and vegetable pastas and try rye bread. Brown rice is high in vitamin B, which is good for your nervous system and stress and vitamin E.
- For snacks try hard boiled eggs as a good snack while you are on the run, olives, or houmous with crudités, or oatcakes.
- Drink 2 litres of water or herbal tea a day!