- 400g of tinned black beans
- 1 cup of red lentils
- 3 sweet potatoes cubed
- 300g of greens (Whichever you prefer)
- 1 tsp of fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1/2 cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1 kallo stock cube
- 500ml of hot water- add gradually
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 onion diced
- 4 sticks of celery sliced
Start by frying off the celery, onion and garlic.
Once soften add the spices and ginger and mix through.
- Add the sweet potato, black beans and lentils. Mix through coating everything. Add your stock cube to your hot water and add into the pan ensuring everything is just covered. If you have some left over keep it to one side as you may need to add it in later.
- Place on a low heat with the lid on and cook for 20 mins.
- Once the sweet potato is nice and soft take off the heat, add your greens place the lid back on and let it wilt down.
- This can be made in large batches and frozen or eaten throughout the week, delicious with brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat or on its own. This is also a really cost effective way to eat, as many of you may have the store cupboard essentials in this recipe. It can also be swapped and changed to what you have in stock.
- This is a multi-vitamin in one pot. It’s got amazing anti-microbial, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties. High in antioxidants which are great for the immune system. It’s rich with vitamin c, beta carotene, calcium, potassium, vitamin K, B6 and iron. It also boosts the metabolism, balances blood sugar levels and is an excellent source of plant protein.