Who doesn’t love spending time in a sauna, especially at this time of year when it just still feels so chilly! The health benefits of basic saunas are endless, but have you heard about the infrared sauna?
According to studies, infrared saunas are highly beneficial to our health and work just like the sunlight but without any of the dangerous effects of solar radiation. After doing more research on the technology, I’ve become a huge fan and now only want to use infrared saunas. This is why hopping in an infrared can be far more beneficial than traditional saunas:
1. Infrared heat travels 2-3″ deep into the body to improve circulation and repair damaged tissue.
2. Traditional sauna heat travels only 1/2″ in into the body, doesn’t reach majority of the muscles and tissues. Now you know where to go when you have a sports injury!
3. Traditional saunas heat the air to warm the body. Infrared saunas works differently, directly warming the body, which results in deeper penetration.
4. During infrared sauna sessions, you burn more calories because it takes energy to produce sweat. When your body heats up, your metabolic rate is increased.
5. Traditional saunas create a bacteria-friendly environment because of the humidity. The air is dry in infrared saunas, which stops the spread of the microbes and bacterias, making it far more hygienic.
6. Infrared light heals acne, scars, blemishes and discoloration on the face. It repairs and tones the tissue.
What to do after:
After a sauna session, it is a good idea to hydrate lots and replenish your body! Herbal teas, lemon water, coconut water are some of my faves.