I love tomatoes with my breakfast and this is a really simple recipe that gives them a little umph!
Tomatoes are one of the few fruits (vegetables) that are more nutrient dense when heated! They contain lycopene a strong antioxidant, which is especially good for you gents out there! The chilli is warming and good for the metabolism and any inflammation, coriander is a wonderful herb that helps the chelation of heavy metals from the body.
Cooking in coconut oil is one of the best ways to do it, it is wonderful for our cells and remains stable when heated, any left on the spoon should be rubbed into the hands, face or hair for a bit of natural hydration!
- 4 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 2 tsp of coconut oil
- Half a red chilli or more if you like more heat (half seems to work for me and my kids so that is what I use!)
- A large bunch of coriander
- Himalayan crystal salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2-3 tbsp of live natural yoghurt
- Put the coconut oil into a pan and then add the onion, garlic, chilli and tomatoes, I like the onion to have a bit of bite at the end which is why I put the tomatoes in at the same time.
- After about 5 minutes add ¾ of the coriander, salt and pepper and leave for another 5-7 mins or until the tomatoes have softened.
- Take off the heat and add 2- 3 tbsp of the yoghurt. Mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!