Blue-green algae is one of the most nutrient dense foods on our earth. It is 70% vegetable protein and contains more beta-carotene than carrots. It contains a high concentration of nutrients – over 65 vitamins, minerals and enzymes and the complete spectrum of eight essential amino acids. Blue green algae is rich in antioxidants which removes free radicals and supports the body’s natural detoxification process. At this time of year it is my go to super powder, with lots of birthdays, warmer weather, festivals and holidays – this is a good all rounder it really has everything, it’s amazing for your skin, liver, immune system and your energy levels.
Vitamins & Mineral Profile
- Protein and amino acids
- Vitamins A (beta-carotene), C (ascorbic acid), E and K
- Many of the B-complex vitamins, including B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B6 (pyridoxine), choline, biotin, niacin, folic acid, pantothenic acid and B12 (cobalamin)
- Minerals and trace minerals, including iodine, calcium, chloride, chromium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, sodium and zinc
- Omega-3 fatty acids, including EPA, DHA, GLA and ALA
- Active enzymes
- Phytochemical like chlorophyll, fucoxanthin and other plant pigments
Due to the omega 3 and phytochemical content, particularly chlorophyll it is brilliant at reducing any inflammation in the body.
Heavy metals are an increasing problem in our environment resulting in more cases of chronic toxicity. Blue green algae is a natural chelator to remove heavy metals from the body. It wraps itself around the stubborn toxins in our bodies, such as lead or mercury and keep them from being reabsorbed.
Depending what brand you use will depend on dosage, roughly speaking though I take 2 teaspoons in my shake a day, or 6 capsules. I do thoroughly recommend it!