Blackbean, tomato and sweet potato stew
- 1 can of black beans rinsed
- 2 sweet poatoes cubed
- 4 tomatoes quartered
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 stock cube
- 400ml hot water
- 300g of spinach
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Start by frying off the onion and garlic. Add the turmeric and cayenne pepper. Fry for a further minute until everything is coated.
- Add the tomatoes, sweet potato – cook for a further minute.
- Add the stock cube and hot water. Simmer for 20 minutes, until sweet potato is soft.
- Remove from heat, add the spinach and place a lid to allow it to wilt down. Serving suggestions: brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat, cauliflower rice.